Monday, January 24, 2011

Get to know Lori Cherry!

Lori Cherry has an impressive ultracycling career, but is looking for more.

The racers on the team were given 15 interview questions ranging from serious to silly. They are free to choice which ones they wanted to answer:

What is the most bizarre thing you ever saw while out on a ride?

Last year I saw a 6 yr old boy in the dark at 5am, barefoot, in pajamas holding a pillow and a backpack standing on a corner near a freeway overpass in an industrial area on my morning ride to the park trail. As I passed him my morning brain slowly processed that something was wrong with this picture. So I flipped a U and went to have a chat with him. He had run away from home. He was mad at his parents for punishing him the night before and was standing on the corner hoping some nicer parents would pick him up. I convinced him that it was a better idea to go home before his parents got even madder. We walked together about a mile to his home.

Have you stopped and done any good deeds as a cyclist?

I hope so. I tend to forget any good deeds I have done but remember every good deed I have been the recipient of.

When riding in the "zone" do you feel like you are riding: a horse? dragon? broomstick? motorcycle? or just a bicycle? (any other answers are fine)

Just a bike. I love it.

If there is a 4-inch long plain brown snail crawling in your bicycle path, do you...steer around it? worry about slipping on the goo? stop to look at it and maybe take pictures? put it in jersey pocket as a pet? or move it to a safer place? (any other answers are fine)

I don’t see snails.

What is your opinion of painted bike lanes in some cities?

I am a fan of bike lanes especially in cities.

What do you usually tell (or want to tell) the bad-tempered drivers yelling at you to ride on the sidewalk?

I have nothing to say to them.

If you were able to ride on any type of surface, anywhere on the earth, where would you love to ride? Why?

I like pavement of all sorts everywhere for bike riding.

Is there any kind of cycling part, material, or equipment that is not on the market that you dream of being available?

I dream of instant bridges to span the gaps that drop down just to climb up the other side again in the mountains.

What things do you tend to think about while riding a century?

Mostly, I enjoy the scenery. Thoughts are random.

If Lee decides to grow a complete flower garden on top of his bikevan, what will you think of (or do about) that?

I like vegetable gardens better than flowers gardens.

If any animals will surely be easy to transport, care, and even help with the crewing, what kind of animal will you like as a member of the crew team? Why?

A mule. They do the work but have no qualms expressing themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment